Upcycled Lantern Workshop
Who says you need to “buy” and then throw away a lantern every Mid-Autumn Festival? Why don’t you make your own sustainable and long-lasting lantern?
This Mid-Autumn, join us at Fabrica Lab to create an upcycled lantern with reclaimed organic pine wood from Nan Fung Group’s latest project – AIRSIDE, and scrap fabrics which would have been wasted otherwise!
One final touch to your creation: why don’t we give it a twist with Chinese calligraphy inks?
During our Upcycled Lantern Workshop, you will learn about:
- Simple woodworking techniques to create a handheld lantern;
- Decorating fabric pieces with traditional calligraphy inks and methods; and
- How to process used materials and upcycle them
* the participation fee for 1 parent & 1 child only includes the making of one (1) lantern.
- Wooden Frame Assembly — 45 minutes
- Fabric Cover Painting — 45 minutes
- Final Assembly and Finishing Touches — 30 minutes
Cancellation and Refund Policy