StartmeupHK Festival 2018: Internet Of Life Summit
StartmeupHK Festival 2018 (http://www.startmeup.hk/festival2018/ ) is one of the largest startup conferences and events in Hong Kong
organized by the Hong Kong Government InvestHK. The conference will take place from 28th January 2018 to 2nd February 2018, focusing on
different themes each day.
The physical internet is changing everything – from where we live, what we eat, to how we move – even what we wear.
Join us for the Internet of Life Summit
Hosted by the Brinc.co & The Mills Fabrica
The Internet of Life Summit brings together the people, companies and ideas shaping the future of how connectivity is re-shaping the world and how we interact with it.
February 2nd, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Learn from 25 of Asia’s most inspirational speakers and facilitators.
With interactive workshops, keynotes and panels.
Founder at The Mills
Sonalie Figueiras, Founder and CEO at Green Queen & Ekowarehouse
Veronika Kuznetsova, Managing Director at Fintech Supercharger
Director at Leatherteq Limited
Co-founder & CEO at Origami Labs
Founder & CEO at ACF Clothing
President at Bitcoin Association
Tony Verb, Co-founder at GreaterBay Ventures & Advisors
Dr. David Chung, Under Secretary for Innovation and Technology, InvestHK
Head of Sales at Biorna Quantics
David Goldsmith, Inventor, Adviser, Speaker, Serial Entrepreneur
Founder of the Blocks wearables
General Manager at Naked Hub
Co-founder at Zensystems
Yan Chan, Business Development Director, The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel
Jeffrey F. Hsu, Manager, R&D Center – Innovations, Marketing & Partnerships Office at FENC
Chief Catalyst at Fung Group
Ben Cheng, Assistant General Manager at New World Development
Walter Jennings, Vice President, Corporate Communications at Huawei
Edwin Keh, CEO, The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel
Founder and CEO at Biorna Quantics
Programme Director at Garage Society
Brian Tam, Fashion & Marketing Project Manager at Woolmark
Co-founder at Unspun
CEO at Alvanon
Florian Simmendinger, Co-founder & CEO at Soundbrenner
Sustainability Lead, Esquel
Founder at The Fabrick Lab
Founder & CEO, Brinc
Jacob Freenstra, Head of Sales at Campfire Collaborative
Founder & CEO at Gatecoin
CEO at Bolt Threads
Co-founder & CEO at GOXIP
Founder at Simple Pieces
Advisor at Reverse Resources
Founder & CEO at MedEXO Robotics
Jeff Chui, Senior Key Account Manager, Textile & Footwear Services, Consumer and Retail ,SGS HK Ltd
Learn from The Mills Fabrica
Imagining the Future of TechStyle
Welcome to The Mills Fabrica Techstyle room
The day’s programme would be broken down into 3 key parts:
- Past to present: from textile to techstyle Programme will start by examining how the fashion/ textile industry has changed and been gradually disrupted by technology and what we term as the emergence of the field of “techstyle”. This will include a presentation on an overview into “techstyle” as a new industry as well as to hear from various leading techstyle startups on “what does it mean to be a techstyle entrepreneur/ startup”.
- Techstyle today: the future is already here The second segment would then focus on the latest innovations that we see in techstyle today and will feature various large corporate industry partners working in the fashion/ textile industry who will showcase and share on latest innovations in their field that are redefining the techstyle industry.
- Imagining the future: what’s next for tech The final segment will look towards the future where our partners would share both about future techstyle trends and how techstyle is shaping our societies and the world such as in sustainability.
Experience VR/AR tech
Experience VR/AR Room
Experience Virtual Reality with Shadow Factory and Augmented Reality with Avatech through their most recently-produced experiences. Drop by Shadow Factory’s demo area and try out two sailboard simulators, and a futuristic game of catch.
RIDE THE TIDE
– A sailboard race across Victoria Harbour. Stay on course and avoid running into ferries
– Rush down a snowy mountain on an unlikely sled. Crash gear not included
– The future is made for speed. Catch as many special items as you can to get the high score.
Start your own career transition
Find your next role at WHub’s startup job fair
Find a job or recruit new talents at Whub’s Startups Job Fair!
A great opportunity to meet with international tech companies, up and coming startups and fellow undergraduates, graduate students and seasoned professionals looking to access the entrepreneurial spirit of the startup ecosystem. This special Job Fair promises to be bigger and better than ever, bringing over 800 hundred people.