The Supplant Company
Technical Project Manager
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an enthusiastic Life Scientist with Project Management experience to join our R&D team as Technical Project Manager. You will support work across a range of functions in the R&D team, however, your key duties will be focused on the management and delivery of external process development projects.
You will have completed a post-graduate degree in Industrial Biotechnology or Biochemical Engineering (or related subject); those with equivalent industry experience are also encouraged to apply. You will also have proven track record of working in a laboratory and scale up environment, preferably in a commercial research setting.
Reporting to, and supported by, the Head of Research, your key duties and responsibilities as Technical Project Manager will be:
- With the Process Development team, plan, design and manage the execution of Research & Development projects with external contract research partners.
- With support, complete administrative tasks (e.g. legal, logistics, accounting) to ensure smooth set-up and execution of projects while ensuring the company’s best interests are maintained.
- Apply experience and learning to gain a detailed understanding of the science underpinning Supplant’s ingredients to guide and successfully deliver projects.
- Proactively maintain contact with and update partners to ensure projects remain on-track and aligned to the company’s strategic goals.
- Create and maintain records of all outsourced experimental work, and proactively feed results back into in-house work in a timely manner.
- Analyse results and write reports summarising findings and conclusions for senior management. Present results and discuss findings as part of weekly meetings.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the company’s patent portfolio.
- Apply learning to long-term scientific investigations and short-term problem solving to support commercially driven development of new ingredients and/or products.
- Engage with industry experts on process and scale up topics. Conceive and assess the potential for future outsourced projects that can address the company’s priorities.
- Working alongside Life Science, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs and Business Development teams, ensure we are addressing the company’s priority challenges.
- This role will sometimes require the candidate to work outside of normal hours when such need arises.
Candidates should have:
- Strong science/engineering fundamentals, including >3 years relevant industry experience and/or a post-graduate qualification in a Industrial Biotechnology or Biochemical Engineering related field.
- Proven experience in the delivery of technical projects with multiple partners, ideally gained within a commercial process development environment.
- A professional approach with working knowledge of legal agreements (NDA, MTA and contracts) and logistics (shipping, import, export of materials) and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to deliver against tight deadlines and to contribute both as part of a team and individually.
- Excellent communication: both written and oral. Demonstrable proficiency in clear and concise technical writing and presentation skills.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Passion about disruptive technologies, products and making a difference.
- Strong work ethic – prepared to put in extra hours when then are really needed.
- Work on the prestigious Cambridge Science Park.
- Competitive salary (£35,000 – 45,000) dependent on experience.
- Pension scheme.
- We look to grow our employees with the business and this position offers the right candidate potential for progression within the team.
Supplant is an innovative and dynamic ingredient company, creating products to address major health and environmental challenges in the global food system. Its core product, Sugars from Fiber, allows the creation of food products that are healthier for people and planet.
Supplant is a Cambridge University start-up, a graduate of the Y-Combinator accelerator program and backed by major VCs in the US and Europe.
Official Website: https://supplant.com/