As Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- Strategic leadership, development and execution on our business plan, working alongside the Board and management team
- Develop and deliver on performance and growth targets, with accountability for overall business and financial success
- Drive day-to-day strategic and operational cadence of the company – e.g. OKR setting, implementation, prioritisation and resourcing
- Empower team members and enable maximum performance from our amazing team
- Set, manage and ensure team accountability to company health metrics and individual KPIs
- Full P&L responsibility and accountability to the Board for MRR growth
- Management of the teams responsible for revenue generation: Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing and Partnerships
- Provide senior oversight, assist in building relationships with existing and prospective customers as well as strategic partners, working with our team
- Oversight of customer success, ensuring successful delivery and in particular for key enterprise accounts. Be the senior figure to step in and resolve any customer problems or conflicts in priorities where escalated
- Represent Provenance at external events where strategically and commercially valuable
- Drive overall business performance and funnel metrics against company strategy
- Drive efficiencies in our operational setup to ensure success at scale, improving on existing processes and procedures
- Own People function, leading on organisational design and recruitment to help us attract and retain top talent
- Provide mentorship and foster learning and development in the team
- Develop 360 review procedures and training programmes for our team within our means
- Working with the CEO, develop and ensure a diverse, inclusive, friendly and fair working culture and establish policies that promote the company culture and vision
You are a confident business leader with experience leading tech businesses from Seed to Series A/B. You are driven by commercial success and will enjoy scaling a business and tackling the operational challenges that naturally arise with an early stage business in an emergent space. You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job, and have a deep passion for sustainability, social impact issues and using tech for good.
- 10+ years of general management, commercial and operational experience in a technology company
- You understand B2B SaaS, ideally B2B2C, and have a strong background in managing and growing tech businesses and teams
- You have experience of working with leading brands and retailers in the Consumer Goods sector, and deeply understand the commercial model and business drivers of our customers
- You’re highly adaptable with a talent for spotting and creating commercial opportunities
- You’re great at building relationships and you’ve proven your ability to navigate, influence and sell into large organisations
- You’re experienced in organisational design in technology companies and understand the personalities and characteristics that help create a winning team
- You have a proven track record in hiring, coaching, managing and retaining leaders and individual contributors across multiple business functions.
- Experience working in sustainability, brand marketing and communications a plus
Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and the social and environmental impact behind products to shoppers. We believe that every great product should come with Provenance: accessible, trustworthy information about origin, journey and impact. Our customers are leading global enterprises and fast-growing independent brands and retailers in food, drink, beauty and fashion – where we believe we can drive the greatest change.
We’re looking for a Managing Director to lead the company, drive company growth and be a key counterpart to our Founder/CEO in ensuring our business success. You’ll be responsible for the Commercial and Operations functions of Provenance, playing a vital role in building and scaling our revenue, operations and team. This role will involve detailed day-to-day management and strategic direction of the business to drive extensive growth. We expect you to be an experienced, efficient and effective leader. If you have excellent people skills, commercial acumen and passion for tech as a force for good, we’d love to meet you.
Pioneers in the space, Provenance is defining the market for supply chain and impact transparency. The company is backed by leading impact investors – Working Capital Investment Fund (Omidyar Network), blockchain investors – Digital Currency Group and angel investors in the UK, Europe and Silicon Valley.
- Competitive salary
- Managing Director level EMI share options based on CV and experience
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to your mental and physical health
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events
Official Website: https://www.provenance.org/