We are looking for a passionate and experienced Firmware Engineer to join our team. You will be a key technical leader on our firmware and controls team, helping to guide and implement a robust distributed control system for a completely new manufacturing process. We’re looking for someone with industry experience leading technical firmware development for robotics and embedded systems, and someone who is excited about the risks and rewards of joining an early-stage startup.
- Dramatically increase the reliability of unspun’s robotic apparel manufacturing technology, harnessing skills in embedded firmware design and digital communications to allow the machine to operate flawlessly every time.
- Find ways to make the codebase better (e.g. removing tech debt, adding debugging or logging tools, increasing test coverage, improving toolchains or build times, etc.)
- Give feedback to and work closely with cross-functional and direct team members.
- Contribute outside of your field, participating in design reviews, building user interfaces, and teaching.
- Project history demonstrating expertise in robotics and automation firmware development.
- Expertise at every stage of firmware development: design, implementation, testing, deploying and debugging
- Fluency in C / C++
- Experience developing software on an embedded real time operating system (FreeRTOS a plus)
- Familiarity with CAN, modbus, I2C, SPI, RS485, and similar
- Experience implementing build tools and unit tests
- Troubleshooting integrated systems and large electromechanical devices, including the use of tools such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Juggler of challenging tasks with limited documentation and tight deadlines
- A lovable human being with an attitude and style
- Someone looking for significant equity ownership in a high growth company
- Someone that is open to working on-site (following appropriate safety procedures) in San Francisco for testing and debugging. Remote work encouraged when possible during COVID WFH regulations.
Unspun is a robotics and digital apparel company building custom jeans for each consumer, on demand. Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% through automated, localized, and intentional manufacturing. Our revolutionary technology is currently being realized through our award-winning brand unspun (one of TIME’s Best Inventions, PopSci’s Best of What’s New), a software B2B platform powering digital customization for multiple large apparel labels, and a National Science Foundation-backed hardware team working on the future of additive and automated apparel production. We’re a fast-moving company powered by Fifty Years, Prelude Ventures, SOSV, and the H&M Foundation.
We also happen to make the best fitting jeans on the planet.
Official Website: denimunspun.com