The ‘suminagashi’ Marbling Workshops are back! Techstyle X introduces the ‘suminagashi’, which translates to ‘floating ink’, dye technique and dates back to the 12th century, where textile coloring methods originated, using natural pigments.
Participants will learn this Japanese craftsmanship applying it to an undyed eco-friendly pouch, as well as different methods to manipulate the ink into distinctive personalized swirled patterns.
Let your inspiration guide your hand and create your masterpiece!
- Japanese knot bag: 22cm * 32cm
- Mini tote bag: 22cm * 28cm
- Small pouch (with zipper): 11cm * 19cm
- Crossbody bag: 14cm * 18.5cm
PARTICIPANTS CAN ADD ADDITIONAL ITEMS:
- Mini tote bag for $30
- Small pouch (with zipper) for $30
- Mini crossbody bag for $40
- Japanese knot bag for $50
MAKE & LEARN:
During the workshop you will learn about:
- How to transform plain cotton items into something vibrant and colourful using the ink marbling process.
- Simple ink manipulation technique will be taught to allow participant to enjoy and personalize their products.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations made after reservation or no show will not receive any refund or transfer.
A full refund (less the administration fee) will only be made if the event is cancelled by The Mills Fabrica or does not take place due to uncontrollable factors, e.g. Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance, adverse weather.
The Mills Fabrica reserves the right to reschedule the event due to uncontrollable factors, e.g. Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance, adverse weather. Alternatively, a full refund (less the administration fee) can be made.
In case of any disputes, the decision of The Mills Fabrica shall be final.