- Individual and group entries with max. 5 members are welcome
- At least 1 team member must be current students or graduated in the last 3 years
- At least 1 team member must be available to participate in the final competition
Contestants need to submit a portfolio which consist of:
- Description of the rationale and concept
- How is it matching the 3 judging criteria: innovation, impact to society, scalability
A presentation deck
- Visual evidence (i.e. photos, drawings, videos with embedded link, simulated models, and any other visual media)
- Description of the project detail
- The relevancy to the 3 judging criteria: innovation, impact to society, scalability
1-2 minutes video
- Prototype/ simulated model/ rendering of design
- Contestants must present the prototype or design themselves
How To Apply
- Submit your details by clicking “Apply Now” below
- Fill in the form and upload your files (max. 20MB) with required formats on the submission platform
- Rename all files to your project title: TFSG21_(project title)_deck/video
- Finish submission by 7th August 2021, 23:59 hours Pacific Daylight Time (by 8th Aug 2021, 14:59 Hong Kong Time)
- All entries must be in ENGLISH.
- Contestants are required to submit entries via submission platform, hardcopies or email submission will NOT be accepted.
- Late submission will NOT be entertained.
- Study the rules and regulations and terms and conditions on official website before submission.
- Disqualification of entries may occur if the requirements are NOT met.
- Should there be any questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Organizers: Fabrica Incubator Limited
Finalists: a class of the contestants selected in accordance with the descriptions and mechanisms set out at https://www.themillsfabrica.com/tfsg2021
- Contestants agree that if they are chosen as Finalists, they will attend the final competition Q&A session and all press interviews, photo shoots, video shoots, award presentation ceremonies, exhibitions and all other activities (online or offline) arranged by the Organizer. The Organizer and the appointed media supporters reserve the absolute right to use the Finalists’ image, video and/or their works for any form of media production for promotional or marketing purposes as considered appropriate by the Organizer and the media supporters without the Finalists’ prior approval.
- While the Organizer will assume no liability for any damage or loss of any kind caused by the Organizer’s handling of the entry(ies).
- The contestant must be the sole and exclusive owner of the copyright and all other rights of the entry(ies). Entries should not infringe on any rights of any third party.
- All entries submitted by the contestant must be the contestant’s original work and must not infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights (as defined in clause 5 below) of any individual, collection of individuals, or entity. The use of images belonging to third parties must be fully attributed, fully disclosed and must be done only with the prior written consent of the image owners. The Organizer shall not be responsible whether directly or indirectly for any liability, howsoever arising from any violation of any intellectual property laws. Contestants agree to indemnify the Organizer against all actions, costs, claims and liability of whatever nature arising out of or in connection with any allegation and /or claim of infringement of the Intellectual Property Rights of any party.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” shall mean patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names, design rights, copyright, domain names, database rights, rights in know-how, new inventions, designs or processes and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature and wheresoever arising, whether now known or hereafter created, and in each case whether registered or unregistered and including applications for the grant of any such rights.
- The Organizer reserves the right at all times to reject and/or disqualify any submitted entry(ies) or to deprive any Finalists or winning entry(ies) of their prize at any time if, in the sole opinion of the Organizer, the entry(ies) infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights of any party. Contestants acknowledge and agree that the Organizer, at its sole discretion shall have the right to record the competition (in any format), and broadcast, stream or transmit the competition in whatsoever manner (including, without limitation, as a live-stream), as well as allow the public to attend, view, and/or watch any broadcast or recording of the competition, either for free or in return for compensation. Contestants shall not have any right to edit, object to or request the take down of, and shall not have any rights, title or interest in such recordings or broadcasts (in any format whatsoever), and all Intellectual Property Rights in such recordings or broadcasts are owned by the Organizer. Contestants shall not be entitled to any part of the compensation received by the Organizer from the public, or any distribution, broadcasting or licensing revenue received by the Organizer.
- By submitting an entry, the contestant grants the Organizer an irrevocable royalty-free lifetime licence to use, re-use, publish and re-publish, in whole or in part, in composite or distorted character form:-
- any data, material, information, trade marks, trade names or logos, provided, uploaded, submitted or presented by the contestant (in any format whatsoever) to the Organizer or its service providers in relation to the competition, and or otherwise in connection with or during the competition; and
- any photographs, images, videos, audio and/or sound recordings, that the Organizer or its service providers make, create, live stream, broadcast or record of the contestant in connection with the competition (collectively, “Contestant’s Content”), in any medium, now or hereafter, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, promotions, illustrations, editorials, advertising, marketing, trade or any other purpose whatsoever without compensation.
- Contestants understand and agree that the Contestant’s Content is not confidential and may be disseminated and disclosed by the Organizer and its sub-licences, and may become known to the public (including, without limitation, when members of the public attending the competition or viewing any promotional or marketing materials). The Organizer shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability to the contestants to maintain the confidentiality of any of the Contestant’s Content.
- The Organizer expressly disclaims any responsibility and the contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer and their respective employees and officers, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with the contestant’s participation in this competition (regardless of the cause of such injury or loss) or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded.
- The Organizer shall not be liable to compensate any contestant for any rejected, disqualified, unsuccessful or any title/prize deprived entry.
- All costs and expenses incurred by contestants in relation to their participation in the competition shall be borne solely by the contestants.
- Contestants shall not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo or any other Intellectual Property Rights of the Organizer or any of the Organizer’s affiliates, and nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as granting any contestants any rights to such trade marks, service marks, trade names, logos or Intellectual Property Rights.
- Please refer to https://www.themillsfabrica.com/tfsg2021 for the details of the competition. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the details of the competition without prior notice, and to terminate or cancel the competition without any notice or explanation. Contestants understand that it is their sole responsibility to keep abreast of any change to the competition rules.
- Contestants are required to read the Organizer’s Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) carefully and explicitly indicate that they agree to be bound by PICS before providing any of their personal data.
- By submitting an entry or entries, contestants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained on the Website.
- The Organizer reserves the right to interpret and amend the regulations of this competition at any time, and for any reason, without any notice or compensation. Contestants continuing their participation in this competition shall be deemed to accept all relevant amendments to the terms and conditions. The Organizer will not be liable for any losses or damages resulting from changes to the details of the competition, including the terms and conditions.
- In the event of any dispute during or related to the competition and/or these terms and conditions, the Organizer reserves the right of the final decision.
- All contestants agree that the prior written consent of the Organizer is required before the contestants use his/her/their entry(ies) for any commercial purpose.
- The terms and conditions shall be construed and governed by the Hong Kong laws.