刊登日期: 17 March 2022
The company is seeking an enthusiastic Technical Project Manager – Food Ingredients with a background in food science, product formulation and processing / manufacturing to join the company’s R&D team. The Technical Project Manager will undertake work coordinating activities across our food ingredients and new food products projects, as well as contribute to developing our intellectual property portfolio.
Our preferred candidate will have: i) a deep understanding of underpinning food science with an aptitude for quickly picking up new technical concepts and managing several projects simultaneously, ii) experience of project management couple with previous roles across academic and commercial food science functions from laboratory research to manufacturing, iii) completed a post-graduate degree in food science (or related subject); those with equivalent technical industrial experience are also encouraged to apply.
The role will be based at the company’s offices and laboratories on the Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, UK. Hybrid working, e.g. with part of the week spent working from home, will also be considered and there is potential for travel across Europe and North America. The anticipated salary for the role is £48,000 - £55,000 dependent on the extent to which candidates meet the requirements outlined in the job description and their experience.
As Technical Project Manager – Food Ingredients you will report to the R&D Manager - Food Ingredients and your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- With the Food Ingredients team, plan, design and manage the execution of Research & Development projects with external contract research partners and third-party, food product contract manufacturers.
- Working alongside Senior Management, Operations, Science, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs and Business Development teams ensure projects address the company's priority challenges.
- Analyse results and compile reports summarising findings and conclusions for senior management. Present results and discuss findings as part of weekly meetings.
- Apply learning to long-term scientific investigations and short-term problem solving to support commercially driven development of new ingredients and/or products.
- Apply experience and learning to gain a detailed understanding of the science underpinning The Supplant Company’s food ingredients to guide and successfully deliver projects.
- With support, complete administrative tasks (e.g. legal, logistics, budget management) to ensure smooth set-up and execution of projects, protecting the company’s interests throughout.
- Proactively maintain contact with and update partners to ensure projects remain on-track and aligned to the company’s strategic goals.
- Create and maintain records of all outsourced experimental work, and proactively feed results back into in-house work in a timely manner.
- Engage with industry experts on food process and scale up topics. Conceive and assess the potential for future outsourced projects that can address the company’s priorities.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the company’s intellectual property portfolio.
Candidates should have / be:
- Strong food science/engineering fundamentals, including >3 years relevant industry experience and/or a post-graduate qualification in a Food Science or Process Engineering related field.
- Proven experience in the delivery of technical projects with multiple partners, ideally gained within a commercial process development environment
- Ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously to deliver against tight deadlines and to contribute both as part of a team and individually.
- A professional approach with working knowledge of legal agreements (NDA, MTA and contracts) and logistics (shipping, import, export of materials) and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication: both written and oral. Demonstrable proficiency in clear and concise technical writing and presentation skills.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Passion about disruptive technologies, products and making a difference.
- Strong work ethic - prepared to put in extra hours when then are really needed
- Salary: £48,000 - £55,000 for the right candidate, dependent on experience and extent to which the job specification is met.
- Significant opportunities to grow with the business.
- Work on the prestigious Cambridge Science Park, with options for remote working.
- Company pension plan (Royal London).
- 31 days holiday / year (including Bank Holidays).
- Full-time – 37.5 hours / week.
The Supplant Company is a University of Cambridge start-up, a graduate of the Y-Combinator accelerator program, and is backed by major VCs in the US and Europe. We are an innovative and dynamic ingredient company, creating products to address major health and environmental challenges in the global food system as well as the wider consumer goods and materials sectors. Based on our proprietary carbohydrate platform, we are developing ingredients that are better for people and the planet.