刊登日期: 17 March 2022
The company is seeking an enthusiastic Regulatory Affairs Manager with a background in consumer ingredients and packaged goods regulatory affairs to join the team. The Regulation Manager will undertake work primarily on our food ingredient and product portfolio, focusing on regulatory approval in the EU and other markets around the world - including supporting current US filings. The role will also provide opportunities for exposure to regulatory matters across other consumer goods categories.
Our preferred candidate will have: i) a detailed understanding of the regulatory registration process for food ingredients across jurisdictions, ii) technical scientific experience across academic and commercial research laboratories iii) completed a post-graduate degree in a technical (STEM) subject; those with equivalent industrial regulatory experience are also encouraged to apply.
The role will be based at the company’s offices and laboratories on the Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, UK. Hybrid working, e.g. with part of the week spent working from home, will also be considered. The anticipated salary for the role is £32,000 - £40,000 dependent on the extent to which candidates meet the requirements outlined in the job description and their experience.
As Regulatory Affairs Manager you will report to the Chief of Staff and your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Support the company to gain regulatory approval for our lead food ingredients in the US, EU and RoW.
- Develop and implement key strategies for submissions based on available data and knowledge of regulatory processes.
- Identify and commission research and testing to contribute to the safety narrative of registration dossiers.
- Collect interdepartmental data and information, articulating this to the internal regulatory team and external consultants.
- Engage with technical and commercial colleagues across the business to ensure projects are aligned and delivered efficiently
- Co-draft dossiers for regulatory submissions with internal and external bodies.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest global regulatory best practice, with particular focus in relevant jurisdictions.
- Become the go-to source of regulatory approval knowledge in the company.
Candidates should have / be:
- Completed a post-graduate degree in a technical STEM subject; those with equivalent technical experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of food regulatory standards and procedures is vital. You will also have proven track record of working in a food company preferably in the novel / alternative food space.
- Proven experience in regulation, ideally gained within an industrial environment and a professional approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong food science fundamentals, including >3 years of relevant industry experience and/or a post-graduate qualification in a regulation, law, toxicology or food safety related field.
- Ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously to deliver against tight deadlines and to contribute both as part of a team and individually.
- Excellent communication: both written and oral; evidence of technical writing and presentation skills is heavily desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Passionate about disruptive products and making a difference.
- Strong work ethic - prepared to put in extra hours when they are really needed.
- Salary: £32,000-£40,000 (plus stock options) for the right candidate, dependent on experience and extent to which the job specification is met.
- Full-time, 37.5 hours / week – role is amenable to hybrid working.
- Company pension plan (Royal London).
- Work on the prestigious Cambridge Science Park.
- We look to grow our employees with the business.
The Supplant Company is a University of Cambridge start-up, a graduate of the Y-Combinator accelerator program, and is backed by major VCs in the US and Europe. We are an innovative and dynamic ingredient company, creating products to address major health and environmental challenges in the global food system as well as the wider consumer goods and materials sectors. Based on our proprietary carbohydrate platform, we are developing ingredients that are better for people and the planet.