Posted on: 1 March 2022
We're a team of tech geeks and sustainability warriors building an ecosystem to inspire and connect people and businesses around the world. Join us as we build a mission-driven tech company that stands for positive social change at every step.
We're looking for a Senior UX Researcher who will help shape this experience by representing the voice of our members. Our focus is on providing an effortless app experience to effectively help people get started on their sustainability and plant-based journey. Success in this role means surfacing opportunities in our product (including other user touch-points and communications such as emails, marketing campaigns, app store communication, etc.) that can bring real value to our members, and uncovering aspects of the app experience that are either confusing, or make it difficult to use of its intended purpose. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will gather the voice of our members and communicate valuable data points across product and business teams - generating findings that will ground us in the reality of the needs and interests of our members.
With the opportunity to work at a vibrant and early stage start-up, you should be self-starter and highly collaborative. You are passionate about the valuable insights UX research can bring into the work at abillion, and are excited to share it through effective communication. You should be inspired by the impact you'll have in the Sustainability space, demonstrating a team-focused approach to resolving problems in order to achieve shared goals. You identify as someone who thrives in a fast-moving environment, with the ability to execute quality work.
- Prioritise projects based on user needs, business impact, duration, and complexity
- Develop well-crafted research plans with clear research objectives including usability research screeners and discussion guides
- Recruit targeted end-users for specific research studies and moderate one-on-one usability sessions
- Present research findings to the larger team in clear and organised reports, and provide actionable insights
- Employ innovative research methods that lead to key insights
- Help develop and implement quantitative surveys (as and when required)
- Work collaboratively with other UX Researchers and UX Designers to leverage and build upon knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience conducting research on complex digital products
- Ability to multitask and stay on track in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to synthesise data from multiple sources in order to best represent user needs
- Understand the strengths and limitations of different research methodologies and how to apply them throughout the design lifecycle
- Familiarity or past experience with consumer-facing apps and tech jargon
- Preferred experience with technical or professional writing. This experience can come from many paths (e.g. a background in Journalism, Technical Writing, Research, etc.)
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Extremely driven with a strong desire to achieve results
- Strong passion for Sustainability
abillion is a digital platform that helps people around the world discover and make more sustainable choices. Launched in 2018 by CEO Vikas Garg, the company is unique in harnessing the power of social media for social good. The abillion app has been downloaded by more than one million people and the company has donated more than USD $1,000,000 to life-saving causes around the world. Consumer reviews, along with consumer insights, are shared with business owners, influencing more than 120,000 brands worldwide to offer more sustainable options.
Official Website: www.abillion.com