Posted on: 26 January 2022
We're a team of tech geeks and sustainability warriors building an ecosystem to inspire and connect people and businesses around the world. Join us as we build a mission-driven tech company that stands for positive social change at every step.
We are looking for a Director of Product to lead a team of Product Managers to help innovate and develop products across our entire portfolio. Working closely with the different teams, and directly reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the defining a compelling product strategy, improving core functionality to solve user problems, and driving sustainable and scalable product-led growth.
You will have an unquenchable curiosity, a drive to build great user-focused products, a passion for Sustainability, and a knack for creative and collaborative problem-solving. You will have a proven track record of success in driving user growth and retention in a relevant industry, including social networking, social commerce, and lifestyle utilities.
- Direct Responsibilities:
- Define, align, and lead the product vision and strategy
- Structure, lead, and empower the Product Management team to deliver delightful and impactful product experiences for our users that meet business requirements
- Creatively use quantitative and qualitative data to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right products at the right time
- Define, measure and analyse metrics that inform product strategy and prioritisation
- Drive deep understanding of, and advocate for, our users
- Foster cross-functional collaboration to build, test, ship, and market products quickly and effectively
- Embrace our vision - Understand abillion's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with our mission. Be the primary driver for identifying significant opportunities and driving product strategy in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Understand our users - Be obsessed with the customer and their needs and problems. Support user, market and competition research efforts. Collaborate with the Data Science and Product teams and use quantitative analysis to inform product strategy and prioritisation.
- Define our strategy - Work with the CEO to define and articulate a compelling product vision and strategy to best achieve organisational objectives. Build alignment on strategy, prioritisation and goals across the organisation to ensure you have the support you need to be successful. Educate, advocate, and collaborate with teams across abillion to bring their capabilities to life as products.
- Lead the Product team - Represent the Product team at the executive level and build mutually beneficial relationships across teams. Hire, train, lead, support and empower product managers to work effectively and get things done. Advocate for a product-driven culture and improve product management processes across abillion.
- Shared Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Data, Design, Engineering and Research team leads to work on the most impactful projects, improve the speed of execution, and share product and user insights
- Build great relationships with Business team leads, understand their pain points and identify shared objectives that Product can support them on
- 8+ years of Product Management experience is a must
- Demonstrated success in launching new products or features with clear metrics and impact
- Prior leadership experience with the ability to motivate and empower teams
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a collaborative, flexible, and consultative approach
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate priorities and limitations clearly
- Empathy for users, and a drive to discover and resolve their pain points
- Strong strategic and organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- An analytical and a data-driven approach to problem solving, ability to focus and prioritise, and to adapt to constantly changing business conditions
- Performance driven and results-oriented
abillion is a digital platform that helps people around the world discover and make more sustainable choices. Launched in 2018 by CEO Vikas Garg, the company is unique in harnessing the power of social media for social good. The abillion app has been downloaded by more than one million people and the company has donated more than USD $1,000,000 to life-saving causes around the world. Consumer reviews, along with consumer insights, are shared with business owners, influencing more than 120,000 brands worldwide to offer more sustainable options.
Official Website: www.abillion.com